Hi, a question for u. My husband was getting testosterone injections every other week. After a year of injections. He decided to discontinue the injections bc they made no difference. His testosterone levels are 218. He is only 29. Well our dr recommended trying clomiphene. And testing once a month to see if it helped. We want another child and after 3 years of trying this seems like a answer to our prayers. Does it cause hairloss in men or any birth defects in children? Do u think he would benefit from it. Bc he has no energy and feels awful all the time. He needs help.
When you first begin your period, call the office so that we may schedule an examination in the next 2-3 days. At your appointment, your doctor will perform a pelvic exam, and finalize the timing of your Clomid cycle. Typically you will take one to three tablets a day for five days early in your cycle (cycle days 3-7, or 4-8). During this time, some women will notice hot flashes, moodiness, or sleep pattern changes. Most patients notice no symptoms at all. Ovulation will typically occur 7-8 days following completion of the Clomid treatment. Because the ovaries are stimulated, you may notice some bloating, or discomfort with intercourse. Verifying ovulation may be done in several ways. Your doctor will recommend which method is most appropriate: These include basal body temperature testing, LH kit testing, office ultrasound, and blood tests. At your visit, your physician will instruct you as to when to expect ovulation in that cycle, when to time intercourse, and if/when you need to return for a follicle scan/ultrasound to confirm ovulation.
1. Call the office on Day 1 of your period.
2. Day 2 or 3 – Office visit- Blood test and ultrasound.
3. Take the clomiphene Day 5,6,7,8, and 9
4. Day 10 or 11 – Office visit – Blood test and ultrasound. You will receive instructions that afternoon when to return for the next visit.
5. Only when instructed – Take hCG trigger injection in the evening. Have intercourse that evening also.
6. Schedule the insemination for 2 (two) days after the hCG trigger . If you are not doing insemination, have intercourse again on this day
7. 1 week after hCG trigger – Office visit – Blood test only (Progesterone level)
8. 2 weeks after hCG trigger – Office visit – Blood test only (Pregnancy test)