1. Rudman D, Feller AG, Nagraj HS, et al. Effects of human growth hormone in men over 60 years old. N Engl J Med 1990;323:1-6
2. Blackman, MR, et al. Effects of growth hormone and/or sex steroid administration on body composition in healthy elderly women and men; 1999 Endrocrine Society conference, San Diego, California
3. N Engl J Med 1990; 323:1-6July 5, 1990
4. J Clin Invest. 1993 Feb;91(2):391-6.
5. 5. Horm Res. 2002;58 Suppl [3:43] -8.
6. Am J Sports Med. 1984 Jan-Feb;12(1):31-8.
7. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1995 May 11;1244(1):117-20 .
8. Sports Med. 2004;34(8):513-54.
9. Enzyme induction by oral testosterone. Johnsen SG, Kampmann JP, Bennet EP, Jorgensen F. 1976 Clin Pharmacol Ther [20:23] 3-237.
10. Expert Opin Drug Saf . 2012 Sep;11(5):779-95. doi: /. Epub 2012 Aug 6.
11. Addiction. 2015 May;110(5):823-31. doi: /. Epub 2015 Feb 25
Although the anabolic ratio of this product is very high as compared to its androgenic actions, not many people report huge weight gains off of Stanozolol. Also, interestingly, it has a relatively weak AR binding ability (7), which is quite unusual for a "cutting" steroid. Many of the effects of this drug, as relates to building muscle, are probably from its very high protein synthesizing ability (6) (8). In addition, since this compound is derived from DHT, it tends to promote a very nice, "quality" look to the user´s muscles, with little or no water retention. Winstrol does not aromatize at any rate and has even been speculated to have anti-progestenic properties (in at least some cases, where it may "block" that receptor) (9). If one were to run ancillary compounds with Stanozolol, perhaps Tamoxifen would be appropriate for it´s beneficial effects on blood lipids, but an anti-estrogen (in it´s classic sense) would be unwarranted; proper post cycle therapy is still needed, though.